"One of the greatest singing cowboys of our time"
-The Union, Grass Valley, CA
"He won over the audience with his wide range of friendly old songs and knocked us out with his yodeling. Magnificent! Yodelicious!"
- David Toll, Nevada Travel Network
"A wise acre sidekick from some 1920's movie . . . ruddy face, squared
off shoulders and bandy legs . . . yippie-tai-yai-yeahing on the stage of
Carnegie Hall . . . Slim knocked them out."
- Peter H. King, THE LOS ANGELES TIMES
"A must see for those that love to be thoroughly entertained."
- Charity Maness, Calaveras News
"The biggest thrills of the evening were undoubtedly courtesy of Sourdough Slim.... He proceeded to spin a lariat while playing accordion, yodeling and dancing a jig. That 30 seconds alone was well worth the price of admission."
- Ken Smith, Chico News & Review
"Sourdough is a great guy with a warmth and humor that is refreshing and comforting is these tough times. His shows are always fun - he always gives 101% in his performances."
- Ross Mehan, Noted Film Maker
"Hilarious and authentic....A couple of times hit that level of laughter that is in the gut and out of control....Great show, really."
- JAS Artwork blog after seeing Sourdough perform at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering
"Like the forgotten vaudeville entertainers, Slim brings a high-level of showmanship to the proceedings. . . . all of this is Slim's interpretation of a colorful era, but it takes a mastermind to pull all this together and wrap it up in a coherent, if not immensely enjoyable, presentation."
- Dan Willging, Dirty Linen Magazine
"Thank you for the fun show. We had lots of nice comments from the audience. Many folks didn't know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised! We enjoyed working with you. Bravo!"
- Tegan McLane, Arts Coordinator, City of Sunnyvale
"Your Sourdough Slim is funny and well crafted. No excess, no filler! Thanks for all your hard work. Our Concert Associations loved you!"
- Jennie May Donnelli, Live On Stage, Nashville, TN
- VIA magazine
"The W. C. Fields of Western Entertainment."
- Newport News Times
"Slim is a master showman and one of the finest musicians I know. I don't just say this because he is a friend of mine.
Trust me - Sourdough Slim gets it!!!"
- Don Edwards
"The man is flat out funny!"
- Richard Hall, Rope Burns Magazine
"You won't believe your ears!" - Willamette Week, Portland, OR
"Much more invigorating than 9/10ths of the stuff you hear from the current cadre of western revivalists."
- Ronald Lankford, Jr., Sing Out! magazine
"legend-in-the-making Western performer.... a real rootin' tootin' hoot."
- Dan Willging, Dirty Linen Folk Music Magazine
"Wild man Sourdough Slim has earned a reputation for rip-roaring performances that incorporate accordion,
yodeling and comedy."
- THE GAZETTE, Colorado Springs, CO
"A wonderful show. We've had nothing but wonderful feedback from all the audience and it was a joy to work with you."
- Tea L. D. Silvestre, Director, Hutchins Street Square, Lodi, CA
"Sourdough Slim was a very entertaining show and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The songs brought back
memories of songs I learned in grade school and the jokes had us laughing throughout the show."
-Ken Roberts, Lower Valley Community Concert Association
"There's nobody else out there like Sourdough Slim. An accordion playing, yodeling, tongue-in-cheek, cowboy-dressed entertainer deluxe.
Catchy, uplifting, irresistable, jolly fun."
-Darrell Arnold, Cowboy Magazine
"He's a genuine entertainer. It's hard to find a seat when he's on stage."
- Joe Moore, Heritage Square Superintentent, Minnesota State Fair
"One of the best entertainers in the business . . . . an incomparable act."
- The Contra Costa Times
[Sourdough Slim] does a marvelous job of recapturing not just a sound, but a state of mind that was once front and center in American folklore."
- Ed Silverman, DIRTY LINEN, folk music magazine
"You stole the show. Everybody's talking about you. You were magnificent!"
- Coleman Barkin, Program Director, The Lincoln Center, New York, NY
"One-man Western extravaganza!"
- THE MORNING CALL, Allentown, PA
"This consummate performer has taken American Country Music back to its glorious roots - and then some! It seems incredulous that an artist of Sourdough Slim's calibre should remain virtually unknown outside of America's cowboy circuit."
- Bryan Chalker, TRADITIONAL MUSIC MAKER MAGAZINE
"[his] comic antics, sweet serenades and magical yodeling had a full house at the State Theater in fits of laughter and left them more than pleased."
- Michael L. Whiteley, The Oroville Mercury-Record
"Slim masters the impressive trick of accordion-playing, yodeling and
blinking both his left and right eyes simultaneously. It is, to quote the
Slimster himself 'the best yodeling you'll ever hear. In this price
- Doug Kim, THE SEATTLE TIMES
"Dynamite yodeler! If Elton Britt were alive today, he'd be proud."
- Ed Davis, YIPPIE YI YEA, Magazine
"The man has yodeling down to a fine art."
- THE HOUSTON CHRONICLE
"there's something so genuine and honest and entertaining about it all, it's disarming.....it's fun - hokey, goofy and splendid fun."
- John Bobey, Dirty Linen Magazine
"Audience members impressed by his cascading yodels while two-steppin' and fingering the accordion strapped to his chest were speechless when he did all those things and spun a flat lariat simultaneously."
- Karl Horeis, THE NEVADA APPEAL
"Spectacular! His ability to entertain, charm and educate a New York
audience was nothing short of amazing."
- Coleman Barkin, Music Advisor, Carnegie Hall
"One of the most outstanding artists performing today. You won't find
better authentic Country or Western music being played anywhere."
- David Barnes, Spokesman, The British Archive Of Country Music
"Pure fun . . . first rate singer, musician and comedian . . . a marvel of
- Paul Harrar, GRASS VALLEY UNION
"The most entertaining cowboy singer-yodeler-accordionist extant."
- Larry Kelp, EAST BAY EXPRESS
"No one is more fun to watch than this guy!"
- Ron DeLacy, THE MODESTO BEE
"Sourdough Slim makes accordion playing hip."
- MERCED SUN-STAR
"A real crowd pleaser! "
- Lani Lott, Ent. Director, Nevada County Fair
"A savvy performer with a seasoned gift for connecting with audiences."
- THE PASADENA WEEKLY
"A consummate showman . . . and loads of fun."
- Jan O'Ferrill, WESTERN TIMES
"The best yodeler in the world! "
- Ian Tyson
"It doesn't get any better than this. "
- Woody Paul, Riders in the Sky
"If Sourdough Slim hasn't been designated a National Treasure, he should be."
- Helen Hollyer, THE CRESWELL CHRONICLE
"Sourdough Slim brought pure comedy. With facial expressions that one might not think possible, this performer had the audience doubled over with laughter. Throughout the evening he wowed the audience with his talents on accordion, guitar, harmonica and singing songs that illustrated the cowboy life, interjecting a yodel from time to time."
- Teresa Hammond, OAKDALE LEADER
"I'm blessed just to be ridin' in your car"
- Ramblin' Jack Elliott